Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 30, 2012

Hear the shouts, remove him! jail him! stone him! shoot him!

    In my last post I wrote of the 'Who me? the life of the disabled'.   I wrote it while watching the live telecast  of the impeachment trial of Renato Corona.   My mind was not totally focused at that time.  The reasons why some in my write up were scrambling.   There were times I had the urge to stand up and also say "objection your honor" but my physical disability begged me off,  so just an urge.


    Anyway, as the trial was about to end that day I could feel the prosecutors, the 188 congressmen and some of the senator- judges shouting out loud, remove him! jail him! stone him! and eve shoot him!  Likewise I felt the urge to stand up but beg off.   Today, I again feel the urge to ask   Can we concede or allow the triumph of injustice and unfairness?  


      When I finally stood up to put off the TV and the radio to get a focus on what I was doing, I suddenly recalled a passage in the bible,  John 8:7 and John 8:10.   I recalled with ease because in most of our prayer meetings in the past our meeting presider would ask everyone to say something, a reflection on the gospel reading of the day.


      'One day Jesus came to the temple and as many people came to follow Him He began to teach them.  Then the Scribes and the Pharishees brought a woman before Him saying, this woman was caught in the act of adultery.  What do you say?  Jesus did not answer, but when they insisted and demanded for His answer  Jesus stood up and said, Let those among you who is without sin be the first to cast the stone on her...'
       That day I could feel none of the prosecutor-lawyers, the senator-judges, the 188 congressmen would take the bible seriously or care to read, and also the media in the name of scoop.  So at the end of the day everything bad and evil were all lumped upon Corona's head.  Its not unlike the NATO bombs, the Hiroshima atomic bomb combined dropped on him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment