Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Seniors tittle-tattle bla bla bla

Read more about the story of Lolo Ampong the grand Lolo and mentor of Moamar, the man now blamed for the increase of oil prices in the world. Lolo now lives happily in the Glorious Land Above the Sky, as he was interviewed by Rerporters with some Borders (RwsB). Have fun... "Lolo can you tell us why your name Lolo Ampong sounds like the Filipino name?" asked RwsB. Well, actually I am not a Filipino. My ancestors are from Tripoli in North Africa. In the closing years of the 19th century my parents, who were then moderately wealthy hired Ampy, an OFW as one of our domestic helpers. Iwas then a young man, married with two kids. When I first saw Ampy I was charmed by her beauty. So I took her as my second wife. My parents got angry until one day they deprived me of my share of all their properties. Yes, it sad at first. So I decided to leave Tripoli and went with Ampy to the Philippines. Ampy's family was poor. They live in a small house near a creek in Carcar, Cebu. Her father was a Christian preacher in their church. Even if I am a muslim it did not bother me going with him during his preaching sermons in their church I can still remember his favorite lines, 'Let us not worry or be sad that God has made us poor let us continue to pray and pray and do hard work because one day when we die we will eat and live in the Glorious Land above the Sky." the grand Lolo narrated. "Lolo that sounds like the familiar song". snapped the RwsB. " In truth it was then the popular song created by Joe Hill, a labor organizer during his time, titled 'Pie in the Sky' in the early years of the 19th century. The song inspired many poor workers during that time to organize themselves and demand their rightful share in society." the grand Lolo continued. "Let me tell you the other side of the story,Lolo begged. Carcar was then a poor town in Cebu Philippines but now Carcar is a progressive city. Among its famous products, Ampao was named after my wife who popularized and mass-produced them and sold in the local market." You mean Lolo Ampong in your time in the 1890s there were already OFWs?" asked RwsB. "You know they did not call them OFWs but 'StowAways' yet they are same banana ya know." Lolo quipped and continued. During our time there were only few hundreds stow aways but now there are over ten million OFWs scatterred all over the world, a number larger even by the total population of Libya and New Zealand combined. The trend is still going on today. More than two thousand OFWs are leaving their country to various destinations in the world specially to rich and advanced countries like the United Kingdom, USof A and Japan prompting some international think-tanks to conduct a study and annalyse the situation to respond to the calls of the above countries of their concerns that one day the might wake up their country populated by Pinoys. All these are possibilities because the population of the rich counties are steadily declining." Lolo ended his narration with a smile may be hoping his grand son's happy ending. Mel #

No comments:

Post a Comment