Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 7, 2011

tongue-clucking/tongue-lashing

What is tongue clucking? The dictionary says: to make a sound of suction in the side of the mouth (kzik kzik) like in the old, urging the horse to move forard. When I look at the web there are several meanings. The most important I can recall is-- this could be one form of anxiety symptoms. When you are anxious or restless and fear without valid reason (balisa in Pinoy) seemed to creep your whole body that bad things will happen to you, your wife or your business, your body wil react and your tongue involuntarily makes this clucking sound. So what? Trivia? Maybe. I did not stop looking for other related meaning or incidents, like tongue lashing. The web was not so clear. But based on personal experience, can tongue clucking be a prelude to tongue lashing? When there is fear your body reacts to protect itself from possible danger, that when you see any one near you and you will think he could be one reason why you experience fear, you accost him and even shout at him and you become angry of things for no serious reasons. Then the ordinary tongue clucking, a result of fear of danger will bring you to anger that you will berate and tongue lash your house help, your secretary or even your wife for notsovalid reason . In my early days as a salesman I used to cover areas where there are offices an business establishments. One day I was doing my usual route and I passed by an office near a gas station in Mandaluyong, now a city, obviously the office was that of a petrolium gas (lpg)dealer as there were tanks around. As I got near the office I saw the door partly open and above it was a hole visibly prepared for a new air con. I was then selling air conditioners. Then I heard a man shouting to the top of his voice berating maybe some o his workers. By the door half open I saw the pot-bellied man in his 40s horrifyingly mad. I just moved out but look back at the top of the door where a sign also hung which reads 'A Lion Lives Here' In the 1990s when I became a member of the International Lions Club I could not forget the event of the pot-bellied man but I never tried to inquire who the Lion man was. After some weeks I tried to drop by again at the place. I still saw the air con hole but now covered with plywood. The door was open then I asked the lady inside if the boss was there. "Patay na po sya sir" ( He is already dead sir) I was also shocked of her quick reply. But I could see deep sadness on her face The man was her uncle. I then knew he died of a heart attck. The story was just fun telling during our sales meeting. But in 2005 I had to undergo a by pass surgery and then a stroke a few days later At that time the story sent shivers down my spine. Today I am a disabled senior citizen trying to recall the old days. Just a tittle-tattle bla bla. Mel# 0

No comments:

Post a Comment