Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 24, 2014

The simpletraveler...


Blurb...

A traveler visiting his past... One more time

Our 2013 high school reunion after 45 years: As we enter the activity Center Hall at CTU Argao campus, I was met with the amazing, smiling faces of my classmates.
Many of them looked the same. Few had even looked younger. Yet, most have early signs of aging by the pleat-lines around their eyes and neck

Anyway, -- recalling the days, what were then the vibrant faces of youths in our adolescent years, so full of boyish and virginal energy, active and easygoing, might now have metamorphosed into the looks of our Lolos' and lolas, then.

Yet, all of us seemed agreed that no one of us dared to fight aging, lest we become unhappy and it would be a waste of time. The pleat-lines in our faces, around the eyes and neck are admitted truths as early signs of becoming full-pledge senior citizens.

Many of my classmates had become so successful in their chosen fields, doctors, accountants, engineers, teachers and entrepreneurs.

Me? Though I have my bachelor's degree in journalism,yet I become a salesman 'par excellence '? he he. I simply do not like working inside a lab, a shop, an office or anything inside a room. I chose the outside, the open fields where all chances are possible. Jack of all trade? No. Jack of almost all trade? Yes I love knowing something about all things. True enough, success or no success I just went ahead. And the experiences along my journey were so great, compensating and worth my more than half a century of stay on our dear earth. And it would seem I have no intention of arriving anywhere or at anything. Just a simple traveler. Come!! still a long way to go.
91

No comments:

Post a Comment