Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Prayer of the Kid

In the name of the Father and of the Son Amen. To the Catolico Sarado- the full-blooded Catholics, as they claimed there could be something wrong. But anyway one Sunday morning in our house I was reading the morning daily when I remembered I had to take my regular medicine. I went to the kitchen and got a glass of water. My wife saw me "Bakit ka naka ngisi-(why are you grinning?" Yes, its Fr Jerry again. Sure I am a fan of Fr Orbos. I used to be present in many of his retreats and recollection programs. Just listen to his sermons that made my day a little easier. This story is told and retold. " A 5-year old boy told his father one morning. 'Dad I forgot my bike outside the gate of our house last night. It might be lost by this time' " Son today is the feast of the Holy Spirit and I know He is watching your bike So don't worry" the father said to his son with full assurance. "Ok So now you will lead our morning prayers and give thanks". "Ok In the name of the Father and of the Son Amen." prayed the small kid. " Why its not complete, where is the Holy Spirit" asked father. Is it not you said He is watching my bike outside" the boy quickly answered. I again retold this story to my wife and she was giggling too. That day Sunday it was her turn to serve as lector at the 4pm mass in our local church, and she retold the same story again to her group including Fr. Monsi, the mass celebrant as they were about to walk toward the altar to start the Eucharistic celebration. And wonder! everyone was giggling, Fr. Monsi got the big laugh. Fr. Jerry Orbos is one of our best priests in the Philippines his wits really ticked. Thanks Fr. Jerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment