Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sir Donald/Sir Robert

I read in the papers few days ago about a supposed fight or just a shouting match between two giants in their own fields in the US of A property mogul Donald Trump and Oscar award winner actor and director Robert de Niro. The first is younger at 64 by the latter's that is at 67. Could this be one of the reasons why the boomers, now in their senior years are fast disappearing in America because they fight one another. Anyway that is not my bread any more. Donald Trump who plans to capture the White House in 2012 challenged to a fight- fist fight-duel or whatever Robert de Niro for calling him just like a car salesman. Mr. Trump sounded too serious in his challenge to Mr de Niro's seemingly theatrical outburst As per the report Robert de Niro is a Democrat supporter of President Obama also running for reelection in 2012. Robert de Niro was irked by Donald Trmp's unsubstantiated bombast against President Obama, quesionong his place of birth. Whether these are all pre-tasting of political vaudevilles. These are not for sure my cup of tea - not my bread any more. What concerns me is Mr Trump got mad when someone called him just like a car salesman. I am a Pinoy who live in Metro Manila the last 40 years. I spent 25 years in the automotive industry as a salesman, selling cars and trucks. And I am proud of it, because from a poor boy who comes from a remote barrio in Cebu province, finished my college in Manila, worked as a salesman, raised a good family - my children all professionals and able to put up my own business - a trucking company, a construction supply and hardware all because I am a salesman. In my own opinion, I have no doubt Mr Trump could be one of the greatest, if not the greatest salesman in the world and maybe a hustler at that, meaning a man too light-footed, the go-getter not the quitter until he gets what he wanted (in sales) - the money of the customer. Sir Donald andSir Robert in my country particularly in the company where I worked there were about 40 of us sales people competing among ourselves at times shouting at each other. One group callling another hustlers. Yes hustlers the good ones the more agressive and enterprising that they honestly mean business. Another said group C is the kind of hutlers the dishonests who collect illegal money from customers for various reasons. Hustlers could mean many things. Yet many of those who succeeded and earned real fortunes are hustlers. Real hustlers are those who are already in the fields while others are still snoring away.
Yuo might say Do I have my real fortune? Well, not even a speck of Sir Donald's. Why? Next post I'll asked the advice of Lolo Ampong. bye bye. Mel# bla bla etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment